Commercial, Industrial, specialty
After more than six decades of superior craftsmanship and innovation, we can confidently say that Lake Mechanical can handle any plumbing, process piping and mechanical job. We’ve worked on a variety of commercial, industrial and specialty projects, from an infrastructure renovation at Orlando International Airport to extensive piping systems for soft drink giant Coca-Cola.
Photo Credit: Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
The following is just a small sampling of the many projects Lake Mechanical has managed since its founding in 1945.
- Orlando International Airport … Orlando - $400,000 infrastructure renovation of baggage handling system, including plumbing and mechanical work. General Contractor: Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
- Coca-Cola … Apopka - Installed steam, compressed air, refrigeration, chilled water and heating hot water piping systems for Coca-Cola’s new mixed-use facility, totaling $1.6 million. General Contractor: Aagaard-Juergensen
- McGuire Center for Lepidoptera & Biodiversity … Gainesville - Installed plumbing and mechanical HVAC for display areas, the museum and storage areas including a 6,400-square-foot living butterfly rainforest, an adjacent 4,600-square-foot exhibit gallery, and more than 31,000 square feet of research laboratories and collections space. The Center is located on the University of Florida campus. General Contractor: Skanska USA
- Lockheed Martin (Formerly Martin Marietta Aerospace) … Orlando - The $3.5-million project included chilled water piping to a 1 million gallon storage tank. General Contractor: Blount Construction Company
- Orlando Sentinel … Orlando - Ink piping for newspaper printing facility valued at $1,085,000, which required the installation of welded and pickled pipe and fittings. General Contractor: Gulf Constructors
- Brunswick Corporation … Deland - Over two and a half years, Lake Mechanical installed hydraulic piping, an acid tank farm, high pressure steam piping and compressed air piping.
- Air Products (Formerly PBS Chemicals) … Orlando - $1.2 million gas capture and chemical piping project. General Contractor: WELBRO Building Corporation
- Tomoka Landfill … Volusia County - $950,000 project to extract methane gas from 81 gas wells, which was converted to electricity and sold to Florida Power & Light. Type 316L stainless steel butt-welded pipe and fittings were installed to supply the methane gas to the generators. The 3.8 megawatts powered more than 4,000 households. General Contractor: Mortenson Construction